How To Care For Your American Girl Doll
American Girl Dolls are very special dolls and if taken care of correctly, they can potentially become heirlooms for your grandchildren and future generations. These dolls are well crafted and can last for many years with proper care.
How To Brush Your American Girl Doll's Hair
Use a wire brush for straight hair and a pick for curly hair.
1. Start by placing your doll in a doll stand to secure her. If the doll is not secure when brushing her hair, potentially her hair can be pulled out.
2. Use a styling cape to protect the doll’s body from getting wet.
3. Divide the hair into smaller, manageable sections.
4. Use a spray bottle with water and lightly spritz each section as you brush the sections, starting from the root.
5. Brush through each dampened section using a brush for straight hair and a pick for curly.
6. After all the tangles are removed, style the hair with your fingers and let the hair air dry. Never use a dryer or heating device.
How to Wash Your American Girl Dolls Hair
When washing your dolls hair it is very important not to get water on the body or in the eyes. Cover the body with either a towel or a styling cape. Cover the face with a washcloth.
1. Facing the doll up and using luke warm water, wet the doll's hair.
2. Lather the hair with a mild shampoo, starting from the root and working down to the ends.
3. Rinse and towel dry the doll's hair.
4. Use a stand to keep the doll upright as her hair dries.
How to Wash Your American Girl Doll – Skin Care
The American Girl Doll is specially made with a pourous vinyl to make the doll life like. For tough stains like ink it is best to contact American Girl Doll directly to get instructions from their doll hospital.
1. Undress the doll and lightly dust with a dry washcloth.
2. Make a paste the same consistency of toothpaste using a solution of water and baking soda. Use about 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
3. Using the damp washcloth dip the cloth in the solution and use a circular motion on all vinyl areas of the doll. Do not get water in the dolls eyes.
4. Dry with a dry cloth.
For additional tips visit the American Girl Doll website.